March 18th 2020
Please note we are able to delivery wine and spirits with food orders. Recipient must prove they are 21 years and older with a valid id. The online delivery website can be found here toasttab.com/glow. Delivery is ONLY between the hours of 4pm to 6pm.
March 17th 2020
Please note our online ordering website is live! Please disregard where it says delivery at a moments' notice, etc. The online delivery website can be found here toasttab.com/glow. Delivery is ONLY between the hours of 4pm to 6pm.
Many have asked why Glow isn't offering takeaway or curbside delivery right now. In order to help the most vulnerable in our community as well as the brave EMS/doctors/healthcare workers, fire and police departments, we feel it's necessary to do everything possible to stem the spread. That's why we can't have folks coming to Glow to pick up food - it's too risky. We researched food delivery practices in places where the virus is slowing down. Likewise, we only offer contact-free delivery with strict safety procedures.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you again for your support. - The GLOW Team
March 16th 2020
Please note our online ordering website will be live tomorrow at noon. It can be found at https://www.toasttab.com/glow/.
1. Please be patient and flexible. We will adjust as the new normal unfolds itself.
2. Please read the delivery and safety protocols below. Please note minimum and maximums for orders as well.
3. Orders can only be placed on the day and before 4pm. Delivery beginning tomorrow will only be in the immediate area surrounding GLOW and take place only between 4pm and 6pm. Likewise, you will need to be at the delivery location at all times during that 2 hour window. Kind of like when you are waiting for the cable/electric/appliance repair guy/gal.
4. Please contact us with any questions via email at email@example.com. That is the best way to reach us.
Thank you so much for your support - please take care.
-Karey Swartwout, Owner GLOW
March 16th 2020
We will be launching our GLOW online ordering soon. Please see below for our GLOW delivery details. Please note this will be updated regularly.
--Karey Swartwout, Owner GLOW
1. SAFETY: We are closely monitoring our supply chain and disinfecting at every point according to CDC and WHO requirements. ALL deliveries to GLOW are disinfected before entering the premises and kitchen, including wipe down of boxes and sanitizing of all fresh produce. Regular sanitizing of all components of the delivery process from our thermal catering boxes to our delivery vehicles will be done at frequent intervals throughout the day. We are limiting our staff to myself, and our kitchen staff (Ricardo and Greg). No one else is allowed inside the restaurant, including vendors/delivery workers. We are also monitoring and limiting our contact with others in the community as well. We are monitoring for any symptoms daily, including temperature. Please remember no symptoms are required to have ANY virus.
2. ORDERS: We will only be accepting orders online at this time. Minimum order for delivery is $50. There is no charge for delivery. Our menu is limited to only HOT items as that is deemed safest at this time. Our delivery menu is based on availability. We will not be delivering any utensils or napkins to ensure safety. Please provide your own. Online order cut-off time is 4pm sharp. Please keep special requests to an absolute minimum. Please also transfer the foods to your own dishes on arrival and throw away our disposables and then wash your hands before consumption, as a precaution.
3. DELIVERY: Delivery will take place ONLY between the hours of 4pm until 6pm. To start, we will only be delivering to the immediate area surrounding GLOW. Only Ricardo and Greg will be making deliveries. When ordering online, you will be asked to add additional delivery instructions so we know where to leave your items. Please keep this simple, like the porch. You will receive a text/email when our driver is nearby. When your delivery arrives we will place your order outside your door. Our driver will then return to their vehicle and wait for you to collect it, to maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance. You will be asked to text a confirmation that the delivery has been received. We will be disinfecting ourselves and our vehicles all the way between.
4. PAYMENT: All payment will be done online including gratuity. No cash is to be exchanged at any time.
March 15th 2020
UPDATE: Please note we are looking into offering delivery only with limited menu and during limited hours beginning next week. This will involve strict protocols to ensure safety. Please stay tuned for more details. Thank you for your patience as we navigate.
March 15th 2020
GLOW is rooted in the principles of commitment and responsibility, and that remains so as we head into this challenging time. With growing concerns over the rapidly evolving COVID-19, we have made the decision today to temporarily halt inhouse dining at GLOW as a safety precaution for our staff and customers. We will be paying all waitstaff and kitchen staff reduced wages for as long as possible during this time. We are determined to get back to doing what we love as soon as it is safe to do so.
How can you help a small business survive, especially one that recently recovered from Hurricane Harvey? Please order GLOW gift certificates. Please be safe and take care of each other.
We can't wait to welcome you back.
March 9th 2020
We care about our staff and patrons' safety. That's why earlier this week we removed half of our bar and dining room seating to allow for more "social distance" and alerted staff on WHO and CDC criteria for sanitizing methods (which we already had in place). We also have a wide open porch overlooking Little Bay with coastal air and lots of lawn to spread out on. If you prefer your food to-go or delivered, just let us know. We will continue to monitor the situation and update as to any changes. We got through Hurricane Harvey. We will get through this, together.